One of the best things about SAP software is the regular updates to the functions and features it provides to enhance the business processes for small and medium sized enterprises.
SAP Business One version 8.82 has recently been released and we have collated the top features the upgrade brings.
1.1 Automatic System Reconciliation of Interim Accounts
- Allocation Account, Expense Clearing Account, Stock in Transit Account.
- WIP Inventory Account.
- Deferred Tax Account.
- Down Payment Interim Account, Down Payment Clearing Account.
- This feature eliminates the need to manually perform internal reconciliation of these
accounts (in most cases).
2.1 Extended Tax Reporting EnablementExtended tax reporting function is now enabled for the Czech Republic, Portugal, and Slovakia. The extended tax reporting function enables you to access the following reports:
- Tax Report.
- BAS Report (Generation and Retrieval).
- Tax Reconciliation Report.
- Tax Declaration Box Report (for Portugal only).
3.1 Automatic Import of Bank Statements
- You can now import bank statements automatically into SAP Business One without installing the BTHF (Bank Transaction Handling Facility) add-on.
- Upgrading to SAP Business One 8.82 automatically removes any existing BTHF add-on.
3.2 Payment Wizard Enhancements
- Define all selection criteria in the payment wizard. (The Payment Run Defaults – Setup window was removed).
- Define payment methods in a simpler and clearer way.
- Handle bank charges in the payment wizard.
- Define projects for transactions.
- Sort and find transactions.
- Refresh the recommendation report.
- Simulate a payment summary before execution
3.3 Payment Order Run
- Generate payment order rows in the payment wizard by executing a payment order run. (After you install and start the Payment add-on, it is possible to generate electronic outbound bank files containing requests to your house bank to execute payment transactions without creating payment documents in SAP Business One.
3.4 Bank Statement Processing (BSP) Enhancements
- Bank Statement function is enhanced in many ways to improve the user experience.
4. Sales and Purchasing
4.1 Posting Dunning Fees and Interest Automatically
- Dunning wizard automatically creates service invoices to post dunning fees and interest that your company may charge for overdue payments.
4.2 Credit Memos Without Inventory Movement
- Create A/R and A/P credit memos that do not involve inventory movement. (For this purpose, the A/R and the A/P credit memo windows contain the new Without Inv. Movement
4.3 Credit Memos for Reserve Invoices
- Credit customers for A/R reserve invoices for which items have already been delivered.
- Use the Copy To and Copy From functions to copy an A/R reserve invoice into an A/R credit memo.
4.4 Posting Date for Goods Receipt POs and Goods Returns
- Specify a date other than the Current System Date or the Original Document Date as the posting date when closing a goods receipt PO or a goods return document.
5. Business Partners
5.1 Activity Enhancement
- Select any business partner address as the activity address.
- Define a monthly recurring activity on any day of a month, and an annually recurring activity on any day of any month.
- Assign activities to employees that are not users.
5.2 Displaying Employee Activities, Absence and Education on Calendar
- Display employee activities, absence, and education on the calendar.
5.3 Enabling Two-Way Connection Between Employee Master Data and Users or Sales Employees/Buyers
- Access employee master data through the Users – Setup and Sales Employees/Buyers - Setup
5.4 Filtering and Sorting Sales Employees/Buyers
- Filter and sort sales employees/buyers in the Sales Employees/Buyers
5.5 Blanket Agreements
- Create two types of blanket agreements:
- General blanket agreements (e.g. to obtain a special bonus at year-end or to achieve a defined turnover with the business partner.)
- Specific blanket agreements (e.g. to obtain a special discount for the individual sales or purchasing transaction.
- Determine a delivery schedule (e.g. by defining the intervals that certain quantities of goods should be delivered.)
5.6 Campaign Management
Manage a promotional campaign by:
- Creating and maintaining target groups.
- Creating a campaign using the Campaign Generation Wizard.
- Managing the campaign data
- Generating leads and sales opportunities directly from a campaign.
- Analysing campaigns based on the Campaign List
6. Human Resources
6.2 Logging Changes in Employee Master Data
- Enables companies to comply with data privacy requirements.
- Changes to employee master data are tracked in SAP Business One.
7. Implementation Tools
7.1 Solution Packager
- Flexibility with the following customization entities:
- Reports and Layouts – including all types of reports (Crystal Reports and Print Layout Designer)
- UDF, UDT, and UDO.
- Queries, user-defined values, and alerts.
- Work centre.
8.1 Serial and Batch Item Allocation Enabled in Pick and Pack
- Allocate the serial and batch items to sales orders and A/R reserve invoices throughout the pick and pack process.
8.2 Creating Deliveries and A/R Invoices in Pick and Pack
- Create Manual or Automatic Deliveries.
- Create Manual A/R Invoices
8.3 Serial and Batch Item Allocation Enhancements
Allocate serial items to:
- Sales orders.
- A/R reserve invoices.
- Inventory transfer requests.
8.4 Pick and Pack Enhancements
- Filter the sales order and A/R reserve invoice documents with enhanced selection criteria.
- View more document details in the pick and pack manager, and in the pick list.
9. Master Data
9.1 Master Data Cleanup
- Administrators and power users can remove or deactivate master data that is no longer required.
- Also provides a log for the batch removal and deactivation process.
10.1 Make to Order
- Demand-driven production approach, allowing a product to be scheduled and built based on a confirmed order received from a customer.
11. Infrastructure Enhancements
11.1 Express Configuration
• Express configuration wizard guides you through the essential settings in the various SAP Business One areas.
11.2. Search Box
- Locate window-level menus so that you will not have to navigate in the Main Menu to find a window.
- Data search:
- Locate items, business partners, and documents using the search box.
12.1 Purchasing Cockpit
View and search purchasing data, and to organize and perform purchasing-related activities.
12.2 Dashboard Parameters
The following parameter set types are supported:
12.3 Cash Flow Forecast Dashboar
- Forecast your company’s future cash on hand based on your transaction documents.
12.4 Purchase Quotations Dashboard
- View and open purchase quotations by selected vendor, item, buyer, and valid date.
13. Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
13.1 MRP Wizard:
- Includes more document data sources for MRP calculation, enhanced item and warehouse selection, expanded inventory fulfilment options, and enabled historical planning.
13.2 Order Recommendations Report:
- Includes enabled right-click menus for reports, and option to select purchase quotations
to be created instead of the recommended order
13.3 Inventory Transfer Request:
- Define inventory transfer request as an MRP recommendation types.
13.4 Week Numbering:
- Three options to calculate week numbering are provided in the Holiday Dates window.
- Includes enhanced item selection methods and enabled forecast generation based on sales history
14.1 SAP 8.82 Calendar:
- Scheduling tab available in Service Call window.
- Scheduled activities viewable with the list of scheduled service calls.
- Scheduled task activities viewable in the Calendar.
The enhancements in SAP Business One 8.82 will help small and medium sized enterprises improve daily operational and inventory management tasks as well as large scale reporting and accounting processes.
Contact Blue Ocean Systems and speak to one our expert ERP consultants to discuss what these changes mean for you and your organization.