If your organisation controls one or more legal entities, or you plan to in the future, there are several data share challenges which need to be overcome in order to operate effectively. Whether one company holds complete control over several subsidiaries, or only pre-defined operations are managed by the parent company, it is important to identify the transactions and the associated difficulties to avoid loss of time and resources, not to mention finances.
Potential challenges faced when using manual inter-company systems (usually Excel based):
- Data, content & document sharing is cumbersome and often made unsecure by relying on emails to transfer large / confidential documents
- Delays in obtaining accurate and up-to-date information which is not easily accessible
- Varied, non-integrated processes and systems create duplicated work effort, confusion, frustration and errors (loss of sales leads for example)
- Little or no opportunity for overall control and transparency
An integration solution, designed for SAP Business One, the Inter-Company add-on, allows businesses who are already running SAP Business One to manage inter-company transactions with ease and efficiency for multiple companies. One of the ways this is achieved is by automatically replicating corresponding transactions across multiple company databases; automating the replication of such transactions significantly reduces the amount of end-user effort and manual re keying of data to maintain inter-company trading financial statements.
Benefits brought by SAP Business One’s inter-company solution:
- Financial transactions and consolidation across different SAP Business One systems
- Delivered out of the box enabling a quick and easy implementation
- Based on the integration framework and best practices of SAP Business One
- Multi-instancy support (for SAP Business One companies who are located across mutiple geographical locations)
- Multi-currency support (enables inter-company transactions in a range of currencies)
- Master data replication (as well as users being able to specify other data areas to replicate, e.g. item master data or bill of materials)
- Consolidated credit limit check & consolidated account balance (across all companies and providing users with a warning message if limit is exceeded by client)
- Centralised payments (ability to delegate payment processing to a branch company)
- Brand inventory in warehouse support (enables users to view global data on the status of stock, orders and deliveries)
- Consolidated sales analysis report (ability to break down sales reports per branch company)
- Remote query execution (queries can be carried out across all inter-company databases to reduce ad hoc enquiries and reporting)
- Business transaction notifications (users can be notified of specific transactions according to their requirements, across all branch companies)
Benefits for deployment projects include:
- Faster implementation (one system across all companies)
- Easy to share data, content and documentation (one centralised document vs several individual and often conflicting ones)
- Transparent reports across branch and parent company (based on user requirements)
- Visibility over operations in all branch companies
- Opportunity to collaborate with partner companies and streamline processes
- Elimination or reduction in unnecessary and repetitive processes
- Easy compliance solution
Read more about how SAP Business One can help you and your subsidiaries.
If your organisation is not currently integrated with its partners and subsidiaries, contact Blue Ocean Systems’ team of ERP specialists to guide you through how quickly and easily you can become integrated!