When asked by our clients about the features of SAP Business One and SAP for HANA and which ones would benefit them the most, it’s a hard task to narrow it down. So in a new series of posts, each of the Blue Ocean Systems team members will showcase their favourite feature so you get to see SAP HANA and SAP Business One on a whole new level.
We hope you enjoy these new posts…
First up is Arun and his first SAP Business One pick – In-Memory Technology
What is in-memory database technology?
An in-memory database is a database management system that primarily relies on main memory for computer data storage. It is contrasted with database management systems that employ a disk storage mechanism that traditional databases have relied on for a very long time.
Instead of retrieving business data from a traditional disk-based database, or collection of databases, in-memory database technology facilitates the quick and efficient way to retrieve a high volume of data in a quicker and more efficient way.
This is particularly useful when a business grows or merges with another company and lots of data needs to be collected. Data can come in all sorts of forms and for growing companies, it can mean ineffective business operations across the entire organisation if the required information cannot be retrieved easily.
SAP Business One version for SAP HANA’s in-memory technology means:
- You don’t need to worry about fast growing data – you can focus on growing your business
- You only need to access a single business management platform – not a multitude of databases
- The set up of clusters of information enables your data to be scalable from day one
- You can combine your transactional and analytical data easily together in one system
- You gain instant access to real-time data
- You can plug in your existing databases quickly so you don’t lose any historical data
Watch SAP HANA’s in-memory technology in action in this 2 minute video:
As an SME what do I need to know about SAP Business One for HANA’s in-memory technology?
- It’s available in 120 countries and 27 languages
- It combines all of your key business processes including accounting, HR, sales, marketing, service, customer relationships, warehouse, inventory, distribution, reporting and many more
- It’s affordable, you can start small and the platform will grow as you do
- You will be able to instantly know anything you want about your business across multiple devices and be confident that the data is reliable
- Innovative apps support SMEs when trying to expand their business, e.g. the advanced available-to-promise (ATP) app and the cash flow forecasting apps can offer quick insights for agile business processes
- The embedded analytics function easily creates visual dashboards so users quickly become comfortable creating complex reporting
- Customers will benefit in many ways because your service, quality and insights will be based on their preferences enabling you to offer tailored and innovative customer experiences
- Pervasive analytics are embedded into the solution so you can instantly analyse a large amount of data as soon as business transactions are complete
- IT and finance employees do not need to spend hours extracting and analysing data, freeing them up for more important activities
How can SAP HANA’s in-memory technology benefit my business?
There are numerous ways that an SME can benefit from in-memory technology, it can transform an entire organisation’s business processes!
Here are my top 5 benefits:
- Enables your business to be truly agile – respond to the changing market quickly, adapt products and services with little effort, create targeted sales campaigns for maximum results and keep on top of cash flow.
- Allows you to make quick and accurate decisions based on data you can trust – take measured risks and be confident in your moves – this can really differentiate a successful SME from the rest.
- By combining structured and unstructured data sources (e.g. spread sheets as well as social media feeds) you gain a single source of truth around your business.
- By automating processes and providing an easy to use platform, you can optimise your resources fully; especially important for SMEs in the early days
- With pervasive analytics your business is not held up by extracting and analysing important data – leaving you the time to focus on growing your business.
Contact us today for a quick discussion. If there is a good fit with SAP Business One version for SAP HANA to overcome your business pain points and achieve your goals, we will setup a demo and develop a potential deployment plan. Don’t hesitate, contact us today!
Note: This story has also been adapted for publication in Steemit.